3D printer works by molding layer by layer and most of the marks per layer for print accuracy are now less obvious, but if you need the surface to be free of visible lines, it is necessary to carefully polish it by hand.
The main factor that generally affects the surface accuracy of a printing parts is the machine's printing accuracy and the 3D printing materials. But if these have no effect, it's the slicing settings and the quality of the data in the model itself. If you want a more refined model, it is necessary to pay more attention on the post processing.
1. When the model has been printed out, it must to clean the platform and resin vat firstly. When the platform is taken out, it is preferable to place it in a cushioned position to prevent printing material from corroding the table.
2. Remove the model with a relatively sharp knife and do not violently shovel the model, because this will not only break the knife but also likely to destroy the model.
3. Place the model into a box and clean it with high-purity alcohol, preferably with a brush to clean the detail portion.
4. Never immerse the model in alcohol for more than five minutes during the cleaning process, or it will cause the model to distort. If there are some supports on the model, the model can be soaked for two minutes and then taken out to remove the support. If there are too much supports, you can leave them in for about four minutes, then they will be better removed after soaking.
5. Clean the detail portions with a brush and alcohol again, then finally blown clean with an airgun or airbrush to prevent any residual material in some of the holes.
6. If the model needs higher hardness, we can place the model into a curing box for post curing, which also prevents the model from cracking after a long time. The curing time should be less than ten minutes.
7. If there is a need for coloring, you will need to buy some tools. There are different tools that are used for five coloring method: painting, intrusion, nano-spray, electroplating, and hand coloring.